Bright Alternative to Black Friday
Instead of scrambling for deals this Black Friday, how about taking a peaceful stroll through Forest Park? No traffic, no lines, no rush. Here are a couple hiking loops to get you started:
Hike Loop 1
Trails: Keil - Dogwood - Wild Cherry - Wildwood
Total Distance: 2 Miles
Start/End: Wildwood Trailhead on NW 53rd Drive
- At the trailhead, turn right onto Keil Trail.
- Turn right onto Dogwood Trail and follow it downhill to the start of Wild Cherry Trail.
- Continue downhill on Wild Cherry until its intersection with Wildwood Trail.
- Turn left onto Wildwood and follow it north back to the trailhead.
Hike Loop 2
Trails: Saltzman - Maple - Leif - Firelane 5 - Wildwood
Total Distance: 4 Miles
Start/End: Lower Saltzman Trailhead at the end of NW Saltzman Road, access from Hwy 30
- From the trailhead, start hiking down Saltzman Road.
- Take your first right onto Maple Trail.
- Continue north on Maple.
- Take your first right onto Leif Erikson Drive.
- Turn left to head uphill on Firelane 5.
- Turn left onto Wildwood Trail.
- Turn left on Saltzman Road and follow it downhill 1.3 miles back to the trailhead.