Hiking for the Holidays
Looking for a family-friendly hike this holiday season? Try out this relatively flat, out-and-back hike through Forest Park's most pristine habitat.
Start at either the Wildwood Trailhead on Newberry Road or the Newtown Trailhead via Skyline Blvd. Go as far as you like on Wildwood Trail, turn around and make your way back. It's amazing how different a trail can be when witnessed from the opposite direction.
Tip: To avoid the hill on Newton and an extra 1.2 miles of hiking, start from Newberry Road.
From Newberry Road (8 miles or less)
- From the Wildwood Trailhead, head south on Wildwood Trail.
- Continue on Wildwood Trail until you reach Newton Road (4 miles) or your desired halfway point
- Retrace your way back to Newberry Road's Wildwood Trailhead. (4 miles from Newton)
From Newton Road (9.2 miles or less)
- From Newton Trailhead, head north (and uphill) on Newton Road, beyond the green gate. (0.6 miles)
- Turn left onto Wildwood Trail and follow it north to Newberry Road (4 miles) or to your desired halfway point.
- Retrace your way back to Newton Trailhead. (4.6 miles from Newberry)