Job Opening at the Forest Park Conservancy
Greater Forest Park Conservation Initiative - Project Coordinator
This position will work in coordination with the executive director to provide a wide variety of tasks related to planning, logistics, partnership building, stakeholder outreach, and grant writing in support of the Greater Forest Park Conservation Initiative (GFPCI), FPC’s 20-year vision to restore and protect Forest Park.
GFPCI Coordination (40%)
• Work closely with the Executive Director and GFPCI partners to implement the 5-year strategic action plan
• Coordinate complex, multi-stakeholder projects including developing plans and budgets for complex, multi-stakeholder projects
• Coordinate all logistics for committee and partnership meetings
• Coordinate stakeholder input
• Support the Executive Director to develop meeting agendas and facilitate meetings
• Manage contracts with outside consultants
Relationship Building and Reporting (40%)
• Strengthen existing GFPCI partnerships through regular communications
• Work with the Executive Director to identify and help engage new GFPCI partners
• Monitor progress and create written progress reports for stakeholders and funders that can be used for internal and external communications
• Work with the Development & Communications Director to identify appropriate grants and write grant proposals
• Work with FPC staff and partners to advance fundraising efforts to support their work on GFPCI projects
• At least three years’ experience in project management and/or project coordination
• Experience in the field of natural resource management
• At least three years’ experience coordinating partnerships with public agencies and nonprofit organizations
• At least three years’ experience managing three or more projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse partners
• High degree of independence, initiative, responsibility, and accountability.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point)
• Strong communications skills including writing and public speaking
• At least three years’ experience facilitating meetings
• At least two years’ grant writing experience.
Salary and Benefits
Salary: $40,000 - $50,000
Benefits: Generous vacation benefits/health insurance.
How to apply:
Email your resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com with “GFPCI Project Manager” in the subject line.
Please submit your application by 5pm on Wednesday, December 6, 2017