Shiny Happy Trails
Love for Forest Park’s trails shone brightly this summer. Between May and September, 909 volunteers dedicated over 2,700 hours to enhancing this beautiful, urban forest.
Trail Work Highlights (May-September)
- Built 570 feet of Alder Trail Reroute (opening Summer 2015)
- Repaired 320 feet of Wildwood Trail, north of Stone House
- Repaired 170 feet of Wild Cherry Trail
- Repaired 145 feet of Aspen Trail and nearby Wildwood Trail
- Replaced two failed bridges
Forest Park Conservancy could not complete this valuable work without our member support and volunteer energy!We especially want to thank:
- Patagonia Employee Interns (Leila, David, Andrea, Terry, Caty, Brad, Lhakpa, Alex, Matt, Annie, Aaron and Dillon!)
- FPC Trail Interns Nick Johnson and Laura Sanders
- And the 30 businesses, schools and community groups who volunteered with us this season!